Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Maybe-I Bet-I Hope-I Know--Part 2--Warriors Series

I hope
You see me here, from there
See how I look for you every day
In the little things we used to do.

I hope 
You can can feel me from there
That I still love you
Still feel you in my heart
Beating like a drum beat 
To the song we used to dance to.

I hope
You can rest easy there
Knowing your job was done well
That you can relax 
Can just look around you & know
It's ok to just...be.

I know 
Someday
We'll see each other again
But this day, yesterday, & even tomorrow
It's not so easy to do
To sit here & wait some more.

I know 
That it will be so beautiful there
Where you already are
& we'll enjoy it together
Just like it used to be
Before you were gone.

I know
You see me already
& Hold me still
That you'd say it doesn't matter 
That it's not like before
That if this is all we have
Then let's enjoy it while it lasts. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment