Friday, September 30, 2016

Ever More--Fire And Ice Series--Hope & Survivors Series

The Demons 
I've come to 
know,
some
I made.
Some were born
in me.
And I carry
them
still.

The Fires
they see
in me,
they light 
a path
I've always
known.

The Fear
of those who
walk it with me,
I protect.
For only some
may see
in the darkness
I crave.

To Walk
among the light,
is a path 
I feared 
the 
most.
Unfamiliar,
it burns,
a spotlight
in the darkness
I hide in.

The Safety 
I remember
in my dreams,
the places 
where I would
surrender.
I miss those
still.

I Wonder,
as I grow
more used to
the light,
what the other
side of me
will 
feed on.
The part of me
I'd come 
to rely on
so long
now.

I Hear 
the echos
of 
the roar 
inside,
and 
I remember
it lives
in me still.

Whispering
it will 
be here,
hold me in
it's embrace,
ever more.

2 comments:

  1. Thought-provoking, Aunty. Sad, lonely, yearning but hopeful, strong, knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my Friend :) I've said before--you can document the events in my little world--by the poems I write. It literally IS a journal. It's been a blessing to share it.

    ReplyDelete