Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Little While--Reflection / Black Series----Warriors--Recovery--Hope & Survivors

The Duel



I rarely
if
ever
name the things
I'm about to say.
I have
only
a well know presence
in my Mind's Eye
that I know
will pursue me
until
I can be rid of him
&
put him here
on paper.




But this.
This One is different
It's who I
Really Am.
&
It is not
so easily persuaded
to
leave.



As I sit here
I know
that
what I say
what I know
about me
about what
I Really Am.
Is not something
I can
take back.
Something
that can be
undone
unsaid.
Untrue.



So
why do I
say it.
Why try.
Why pursue
something that I know
will only
be
a part of me
no matter
what I do.
Whether I admit
it to you.
Or I take it
with me
as I go on
with who
I've always
really
been.



I don't know.
Maybe
to feel that
no matter
what
we are.
No matter
who we are
not who
we've become.
Will
still be able
to enter the Light.


Be able to
feel
the warmth.
&
not
have to feel
the shame.
Even for
a
little
while.





No comments:

Post a Comment