Thursday, January 8, 2015

Burned--Black Series

Fire
Burns as if alone
Content in it's singular existence.

Colors 
Fade in & out 
Light to dark, translucent, beautiful.

Alone
It can not stay
In need of contact with the air that surrounds it.

Craves
That touch, that brings it life
Without it, knowing it will surely fade.

Afraid
Of the force it desires
Of being overpowered, extegished from existence.

This 
I understand, this need for you
Your light, flames of crimson & sapphire blue.

For with you
I breath life
I so desperately crave.

Without you
I feel 
The air leave the room.

Balance
It seems
Is never easy.

To have your life
In me, to feed from it
Without being consumed by you.

Why
I keep coming back
Drawn to you.

Why
I move away
Before I get burned.


No comments:

Post a Comment