Thursday, February 23, 2017

Ever With You--AZ Rains Series

Your touch,
&
breath 
upon my face.
The gentle 
sands
of this
place,
upon my skin.
These things still
remind me 
of 
you.

The call
hear,
as I set 
my 
feet
upon this
sacred
ground.
These too,
remind me
of
you.

The shallow
shore,
the desert 
escape,
the 
sounds
of nothing
but 
you.
This too,
reminds me
of
you.

My breath,
as it
is
escaping 
my own
body,
ceases 
to 
exist,
lest 
I
forget
to
think
of 
you.

These memories,
forgotten
in 
time,
shall warm
me,
&
still,
I can't 
help
but 
think 
of 
you.

The photograph
you 
left me,
stays 
with me
now,
still,
as it 
did,
when we
were
brand
new.
I never lets 
me
forget,
that I
will
always
think
of
you.

Your voice,
a steady
stream,
of 
what once 
was,
when I was
we.
The glossy
texture 
of time
past,
will keep
me
here,
ever with
you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment