Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My Heroes--Warriors Of Recovery--Part 5--Mental Illness--Addiction--Recovery--Special Needs--Disabilities--Who I Live This Lifeg For--& The Reason They Keep Me Sane While I'm Off--&--On My Blog

Permanent.

To be without change
without difference
constant
never ending.

I wrote this in Aug...
and so it goes 
that all things MUST change.
for it's the only constant
the only 
hope
the only piece 
of what we have 
to offer
that stays ever
true.

Us. 
We.
We are the constant
the edge the change
shall ride upon
the winds that rage 
& rip through us
that can never truly
diminish what we've 
become.

I sit here
a different person
for sure.
Weaker in many
respects.
And I proudly say
stronger in 
others.
And 
I even proudly tell you
that my weakness
my courage 
in it
is who I am
who I have become.

Because 
this fragile life 
around us
so delicately draped 
is an armor
a shield
a protective cover
of night
that 
not even the harshest
lights
can destroy.

It's a path
a walkway
a stone 
pebble covered
village 
country stroll.
A quiet stream
leading to the ever
bigger sea
one we will someday all 
be
together.

But for now
these Warriors
who walk beside me
who walk MY path now
who no longer 
simply walk behind
but
lead the way
they guide me
as I guide them.
They walk point
when I should have
done it for them
They clear the path ahead
&
give me the all clear
that its safe
that they have 
cleared the way.

These Warriors 
who walked in front 
for so long
who still take the lead
when they are called.
These 
newest ones
these Warriors
in the 
making
before my eyes
have become more than I ever dreamed.
They have morphed into
a graceful
powerful machine
capable
confident
sure
in part
I know
because of who
they've always
had to
be
long before
this particular
tour
began.

I know
this world
will now be
in good hands
because the fires
of hell can
forge a weapon
of steel
that can't
be bent
&
it can
destroy
what ever good
that was left.

But it's the Warriors
the ones that walk
through the flames
&
reach for you
THESE
are
My Heroes
Warriors
Of
Recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment